Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Greetings from the ICU!  I hope you all are having a very happy Thanksgiving!!

Tomorrow is my CD3 scan and after much talk and delibration, CJ and I are ready to move onto IVF.  So, my plan is to go in there and ask them how we can move on to this next step.  Now, that we've made the decision, I just want to get started, but I know that it will take some time.  I know that we could do more IUI's or try injectibles with IUI, but the success rate is still not that good and I'd rather spend money on IVF with it's much high success rate.  I'm just at my wits end and I'm so ready to be pregnant.  It's worth the money and the time and everything else.

So, this Thanksgiving, I'm thankful for my wonderful husband and for our health and jobs and that we are able to be able to afford IVF (barely!).  I'm so excited about this new step.  My excitement and hope for our future IVF cycle is keeping out of depression right now and I feel pretty good.  I feel that this is the right next step for us! 

2 comments:

  1. You have been nominated for a blogging award! Yay! http://creatingarainbow.blogspot.com/2011/11/award-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here from the future via Time Warp Tuesday! I know from experience (having done IVF in 2007) what a difficult decision it is to to bypass other options. We ended up not even trying IUI, because back then our RE said the success rate for us would only be about 5% and IVF would be closer to 25%. We were lucky to have really good insurance and thus it was a fairly economical option for us too. I remember the optimism we felt beginning our first IVF cycle in March/April 2007, which is also when I began blogging. So I also appreciate the enthusiasm that you convey in this post. Heading back to the future to see what you have to say about this almost two years later! :)

    ReplyDelete