Monday, July 2, 2012

It's been way too long!!

I know I took quite a long hiatus.  I have to be honest.  It was pure superstition and fear that kept me away.  The week leading up to 24 weeks were filled with anxiety.  I just couldn't imagine making it past that magical number...and I didn't want to blog for fear that I would jinx anything.  I can't believe I made it past there and things are still going well.  I'm still scared.  I love my little eagles so much and I cannot wait to meet them in September...I love their little kicks and I love my growing belly...and even my swollen feet because it means I'm getting closer to bringing them home.  Here' s what's been going on it bullet points.

-Work has been getting harder.  I try to sit down as much as possible, but there are still times when I need to be more active and it's definitely tough.  I'm just going to keep taking it one week at a time.

-Speaking of work, I recently received a horrible peer review from my colleagues.  I basically scored the worst out of all the residents in my class.  I received comments like "always tries to get out of work" or "I don't appreciate all the times that I have had to cover for her at work" or "honesty is important for gaining the respect of your colleagues" or "needs to work harder" or "only works 50% while at work and tries to get out of as much work as possible."  It was horrible.  I basically cried for a day straight.  I didn't ask for any of this, the miscarriage, infertility, IVF, twin pregnancy and I'm doing my best to make it work, but apparently my peers don't see that.  Even people who knew how hard the past 2 years were still gave me bad marks.  It's just frustrating because I have been working as hard as I can.  Have any of you had trouble in the work place due to loss, infertility, or pregnancy?  Any tips?

-And also speaking of work, 2 of my friends announced they were pregnant.  While I am super excited for them, it still stings that they were able to get pregnant so easily. Mostly though I'm just so thankful for my twins!!

-Okay and now time for the twins and this pregnancy.  They are still a boy and girl.  At 24 weeks, they were both measuring 1lb 9oz.  I love feeling their kicks and listening to their heartbeats.  It is so wonderful.

-I'm getting really big!! I even had to move to medium scrub top to accomodate my growing belly.  It's impressive.

-I just started getting awful reflux and heartburn.  Nothing seems to help at this point, but I'm going to talk to my doctor about it at my check-up tomorrow.  I'm going every other week now, which is definitely helping me with my sanity!!

-We bought our baby stroller.  Or rather my in-laws got us our baby stroller, but we picked it out this weekend.  We got the Baby Jogger City Select in Red!!  It's awesome!!

I will try to catch up more tomorrow.  I'm trying to study as much as I can now before the babies come so I gotta hit the books!! I've been reading and following along!!  I may even try to post a belly pic soon.

Anyone have any good nursery ideas for boy girl twins?  Or recommendations for cribs and car seats??

Happy Monday!!

4 comments:

  1. sounds like you are having rough time at work. Once things are said its usually hard to forget. I'm but sure if anyone that said those thingshave been in your shoes, if so shame on them. Glad babies are doing well! Hang in. there you can only do do much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're having boy/girl twins, too, and my nursery theme is going to be Where the Wild Things Are - kind of. I bought these curtains that are like tall twisty trees with birds on them, and I'm planning to make some art with scanned in images from the book. There are lots of themes you can do - I mean, you can basically do whatever you want! I was never planning to have a "gendered" theme, though, so I'm not sure what you were picturing before you got pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear things are going well with the babies! I'm getting my cribs from IKEA. I registered for the Graco SnugRide 35 carseats. My doctor put me on a double dose (40 mg) of Pepcid twice a day (30 mins. before breakfast and dinner) and that has almost eliminated my heartburn. It's really been a lifesaver! Now I can eat more food which is great because I still have some catching up to do on the weight gain for twins. I got a prescription for it and I get 60 pills from Walgreens for only $2 with my insurance! Saves a ton of money from buying over-the-counter. I hope you can find a good solution!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on 24 weeks!!! So huge! I am so sorry about work. It is hard working and being pregnant. And I sit on my ass for work and am only having one baby - so I cannot even imagine! It is so unfair to be reviewed that way when you are only trying to do what is best for you and your babies. As hard as it is keep worrying about you - not them, don't feel the need to prove them wrong. You will have the rest of your life to do that. For now just grow those babies.
    I am getting the red city select too!!! I am in love with it and cannot wait, have had my heart set on it for years.
    As far as carseats, I am paranoid, so I bought a year subscription to consumer reports. The consumer reports do independant testing on safety, ease of use etc etc. The highest rated carseat was the Chicco Keyfit (both the 22 and the 30). I also went and tried it with the city select (it has it's own adaptor) and once the lady did it for me I got the carseat snuggly strapped in and it worked great. The maxi cozis are also higly rated and work really seamlessly with the city select but to me they looked so flimsy! (Must be just looks though as they were top rated for safety too).

    ReplyDelete