Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Best Birthday Ever

Yesterday, I entered the 30 Club (which is the new 20, or so I'm told).  As far as birthdays go, it was pretty low-key.  I went to work, came home from work, met up with hubby and some friends for dinner, drank a glass of wine, fell asleep on the couch.  So, you might ask, then how was the this the best birthday ever...

That's easy, I got to wake up to 2 crying and then smiling faces and help get them dressed and loaded in their car seats before hubby and the babies dropped me off at work.  Then, after work, I got to go pick up the babies from daycare and was greeted once again by their smiling (Cassidy) and sleeping (Chase) faces.  It was pretty incredible.

I came a long way in the past decade.  From partying single college kid, to medical student with a serious boyfriend to married to my best friend to resident physician and no kids to mother of one furbaby and one angel baby and struggling with infertility to pregnant with twins!! to mother of twins and awesome family of five (furbaby included!!)  Quite a remarkable journey so far.

I can't wait to see what the next decade brings!!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday and welcome to the 30's! My 30th birthday was really depressing, I wanted to say in my 20's. But every birthday since then has been great. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! I know what you mean about the changes from a mere 10 years ago... just think how awesome things will be when we're (wait for it) 40!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! Welcome to the 30s! Best decade yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday!! Welcome to the 3-0 club! It's very elite. It sounds like you had an amazing day:)

    ReplyDelete