Wednesday, December 28, 2011

It Official...

We cannot get pregnant on our own.  I'm pretty depressed right now.  I tried to convince myself that I would just be so happy that we were getting to start IVF, but I held on to hope that maybe we would be one of the lucky couples that got pregnant the month before they started IVF.  Alas...AF arrived last night.  I guess even Santa Clause couldn't deter her.

So tonight I start BCP and begin a 14 day countdown until my monitoring ultrasound and empty our savings account day. 

I am excited and I'll be more excited, but I'm still a little sad and these cramps are just making things worse right now....

Bah humbug.

3 comments:

  1. I started bcp's this week so it looks like our cycles will be close. Sorry AF arrived. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bah-humbug is right. Stupid IF...such a rollercoaster...and the fact that we can convince ourselves that if we believe ENOUGH, that is might just happen. Cheers to having a good stiff drink fro New Years and to your successful first IVF! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuck, yuck, yuck. I feel you. I have played those same games with myself too. "This month I'm not going to pay attention or think about it (yah right) and then it will happen"...but then it never does. I'm sorry. Good luck with this new step in your journey!

    ReplyDelete