Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Rainbow Making A-Z

I got this idea from many of the blogs i'm now following.  I thought it was great so I thought that it would be a good post, especially since it will be a good introduction to my blog.  So here goes...

A. Age when you started TTC: 27

B. Baby Dancing or Sex: Sex.

C. Children wanted: My husband has always said that he wants 2 children, a boy and a girl and I agreed.  Two sounds like the perfect number, but at this point, I will be happy with just one rainbow baby.  We'll see how it goes!! 

D. Dogs/Cats/Fill in Children: We will be welcoming a new puppy to our family in 3 weeks.  His name is Ender (after the book Ender's Game) and he is a Cavapoo, which is a cross between a Cavalier King Charles and a poodle.  We are so excited to bring him home!!

E. Essential Oils/Vitamins/Snake Oils: I'm taking prenatal vitamins and a baby aspirin.  Plus, I've been drinking about a cup of green tea everyday since January.

F. Fertility Meds I’ve taken: Clomid x 3 rounds. 

G. Gain: Luckily none so far, but my weight has fluctuated a lot this year.  After my miscarriage, I lost a lot of weights.  Then, surviving the holidays meant gaining probably about 5 pounds and now, with more consistent exercise, I've managed to lose those 5 pounds to come back to the exact weight I was at when we first started this whole journey. 

H. HSG (Hystosalpingogram): Not yet.  I asked my OB if i could have one done before this cycle since I had to have 2 d&C's with my miscarriage, but she said that since i'm getting my period, she didn't think that I needed to have one done.  I'll be moving on to an RE next cycle though and I'm sure that they will want to do one.  So, I have that to look forward to...

I. Infertile Pet Peeves: "Just relax and it will happen." 

J. Job title: MD.  I'm a second year resident with another 2 years of training before I'm out on my own.

K. Kid’s names you’re afraid will be taken by the time you can use them: Rowan for a girl and Finley for a boy.  Shhhh, don't tell my husband I posted our baby names because we'll be keeping it a secret from our family and friends until our baby is here!

L. Length of time TTC: 1 year, 1 month, and 3 weeks.

M. Miscarriages: Missed miscarriage on August 27, 2010 at 10 weeks.  It was devastating and I'm still struggling with my emotions.  I'm not sure that I'll ever feel whole again until I get pregnant again and have my rainbow baby.

N. Number of times you’ve switched OB/GYNS, REs, FSs: Zero.  I've just been seen and treated by my OB for the past year, but she will be referring me to an RE if I don't get pregnant this cycle.

O. Ovarian quality: I think okay, but I haven't had any tests yet.  Testing will commence when I see the RE next month.

P. POAS or wait for AF: Both.  Last month though I didn't POAS since I only had one left and then my temp dropped so I figured that there would be no point in wasting the money.  Plus, I feel like I won the game by not POAS and seeing another BFN.  This cycle though I will be POAS just to mix thing up a little bit.

Q. Quote from an obnoxious fertile: This is from my twin sister who has 2 children and her youngest is only 10 months old.  "So, I wasn't feeling good the other night and I even threw up.  So, I decided to take a pregnancy test...and it was positive."  Are you kidding me??

S. Sperm: Not sure, but he'll get tested next month if we're not pregnant by then.

T. Time you tried naturally: 3 months and then we got pregnant last July, which ended in miscarriage.  4 months after my miscarriage with long and irregular cycles, so I started Clomid.

U. Uterus quality: As far as I know, it's fine...and boring...see below.

V. Vagina:  My OB told me I have a perfectly boring exam at my last check up so I'm hoping that my uterus and vagina don't get offended. 

W. What baby stuff do you already have?: None.  We didn't buy anything when we were pregnant last summer because it was so early and I had a bad feeling about it the whole time.

X. X-tra X-tra Hear all about it! How many people know the ins and outs of our crazy TTC journey? All my wonderful blog readers, my twin sister (who I can't talk to anymore), and my 2 best friends. 

Y. Yearly Exam (do you still go in even though someone sees your lady parts most months?): Yep, I went in February, but it aslo doubled as getting started on Clomid, so it was really efficient.

Z. Zits: Definitely more since starting Clomid.  I'm not really sure what that's about.

Well, that was fun.  I hope you enjoyed reading!  Now, it's time to find some other great blogs to follow and maybe get some work done today.

No comments:

Post a Comment