Thursday, May 5, 2011

Waiting for the smiley face

Well, I just spent the last hour reading through many other blogs about IF.  Now, it's time to do some work on mine.  I'm still working on the design and layout, but now it's time for a post.  Today, I thought that I would give an update on my cycle.

Today is CD 18.  I was really hoping to see a smiley face on my OPK when I tested this morning (around 8am, not FMU), but alas it still showed me that depressing blank cicle.  Where is the smiley face????  My temps are still low, around 97.2-97.4, and I'm feeling twinges/light cramps in my ovaries, but I'm starting to get nervous that I won't ovulate.  Last cycle I ovulated on CD 18 when I was taking Clomid 100mg cd 5-9 and my first cycle on Clomid 50mg cd 5-9 I ovulated on CD 19 so I was really hoping to ovulate a little earlier since I was on the higher dose (150mg) this cycle.  I think waiting to ovulate is more stressful than the TWW since if you make it to the TWW than at least you have a chance to be pregnant, but if you don't ovulate, than you don't have a chance.  I'm trying to be patient and hopefully I'll get to see the smiley face tomorrow, but it's hard.  Plus, I'm working the night shift tonight so I hope that doesn't mess anything up.  CJ and I have been BD'ing every other day since cd 10 and it's actually been a lot of fun and not stressful this month.  I just need to ovulate...come on smiley face!!

I'm also trying to keep my hope up because if this cycle doesn't work, than I will get to see an RE next cycle.  I think I might just need that trigger shot to help me ovulate earlier.  Man, I would love to have a 30day or less cycle!! 

Well, now I'm gonna try to meet some people in the TTC community by doing some more blog reading and commenting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment