Monday, May 9, 2011

Welcome to the 2WW!

I'm officially in the 2WW!!!  Here are just some random thoughts as I embark on another 2WW...

Today is CD 22.  CJ and I spent the end of last week and the weekend BD'ing to try to catch the egg (or eggs!!) after my +OPK on Friday.  My temp rose on Saturday and has stayed up since then, so FF has me pegged at 3 dpo.  I also had pretty bad ovulation pain on Saturday and a little bit on Sunday.  Since I'm taking Clomid and not being monitored I wonder how many follicles I had.  Last week at this time I was getting increasingly more anxious about whether I would ovulate and now I'm already 3 dpo...TTC is funny like that. 

I'm probably going to get my blood drawn tomorrow for a progesterone level.  My doctor wanted me to get it drawn on CD 21 even if that wasn't 7dpo (I asked), but since I didn't ovulate until CD 19 and last month I got my progesterone checked on CD 22 and  4dpo, I thought that I would wait one more day and get it checked tomorrow so that I can compare the results with last month.  The thing is last month my progesterone was 52.5.  I know, really high and I thought for sure I was pregnant, so I'm not really sure how I feel about checking another level, but I am hoping for a nice high level tomorrow.

I'm so grateful to be in the 2WW because it means that I have a chance to be pregnant and that if I'm not pregnant at least I will get my period without taking meds or waiting until CD 50+.  I'm also anxious because I want to be pregnant so badly.  There are so many positives that I can think of about getting pregnant this month, but of course, I've been thinking that every month and it hasn't really worked out.  On one hand, I'm trying not to get my hopes up because I know if AF shows that I'll be devastated...again.  I also can't really imagine actually getting a BFP.  On the other hand, I'm hopeful because this is our 5 month TTC since we started again after the miscarriage.


With a 20-25% chance each month, the odds are now in our favor and we have had perfectly timed bd'ing every month.  This month, though, we did follow my doctor's instructions exactly and only bd'ed every other day on cd 10, 12, 14, 16, 18 and then everyday after i got my +opk on cd 19 for 3 days, so cd 19, 20, and 21.  In my previous cycles, we couldn't just do every other day because of my call schedule so we would end up bd'ing 2-3 days in a row and then skip a day.  I'm hoping that by sticking to the schedule we gave ourselves the best chance at getting pregnant this month!

Alright, well that was a pretty random post about my thoughts as I embark on the 2ww.  In 2 short weeks, I will know if I am pregnant and I cannot wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment