Monday, June 6, 2011

Catching up...

It has been awhile since my last post, but I can explain.  I started a new rotation on Tuesday last week and I'm trying to get adjusted to my new schedule.  I'm working up in the pediatrics ICU which is interesting and sad because of the sick kids...but even more difficult on another level because there are quite a few nurses up here who are very pregnant.  So, everyday last week I just tried to be mindful and to breathe, but it was not easy.

In more exciting news, I had my HSG on Friday.  The experience was not too bad actually and if it helps me get pregnant that I would gladly do it again.  It's a little awkward since I work in the hospital, but the xray tech was great and immediately asked if I wanted any residents to come in for the test.  I said no and she made sure that it was just the attending who came in to do the test.  I took some ibuprofen prior to the test, so I only felt minor cramping during the test.  Immediately afterwards, the doctor went over the scan with me and the good news is that both of my tubes are open and there is no septum or adhesions within my uterus.  He said that the left took a little while to open up, so I'm hoping that the test really did help open up my tubes and will help me get pregnant. We'll see.

Today is CD15.  We started BD'ing on CD13 the day after the HSG and we'll BD every other day until after I ovulate.  I really just hope that I ovulate this month without the clomid.  I guess I'll know this week, so I'll keep you posted.  As far as other TTC methods, this cycle I'm just doing prenatal vitamins, baby aspirin, and elevating my hips after BD'ing, oh yeah and temping.  I'm taking a break from the mucinex and preseed this month.  We'll see what happens.  I cannot wait until the day when I'm counting up days and week instead of cycle days.  I cannot wait when going to the doctor means that I get to see my baby on ultrasound instead of another failed cycle.  I cannot wait to see two beautiful and DARK pink lines instead of only one line or a very, very faint line (like my chemical last month).  I have this feeling that it's going to happen soon and I'm praying that it does, but it's tough because there's no just no knowing.  I guess I'll just have to keep taking it one day at a time.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I can't imagine how hard it is to be a twin in that situation. Your sister really didn't waste any time, did she?

    Sounds like your HSG went well and that it wasn't too painful. I was unconscious for mine so it didn't hurt at all : )

    Are you taking Clomid this cycle? Do you see a RE or a GYN currently?

    It sounds like your job is really rewarding. I would love to work in a hospital (I am a speech therapist and work in early intervention). You must live in a big city to be at a hospital like that.

    Good luck this month, hoping you see a BFP soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck this cycle! I'm glad your HSG results were positive.
    We are taking a cycle off Clomid too. Hopefully you and I will both have our rainbow babies soon. :)

    ReplyDelete