Friday, June 17, 2011

Versatile Blogger Award

I received The Versatile Blogger Award awhile ago from at "Ready for my Baby Bump."  I'm so excited to win this award, but after dealing with my chemical pregnancy last month, it took me alittle while to get back to it.  I'm very new to blogging and IF/Loss world, so this was a great way to get started and help keep me motivated. 

Thank you so much  and I'm so for the delay.  Congratulations on your BFP!!  I'm so excited for you and I wish you a very happy and healthy 9 months!!
theversatilebloggeraward 

As part of this award thing... you need to :

1. Link back to the person who gave you the award: See above.
2. Tell 7 things about yourself....

  1. I met my husband when I was 13 years old at a summer camp.  We then worked together as teenagers, hiked part of the Appalachian Trail together as friends, and started dating one magical summer when we both worked as directors at the same summer camp, and the rest is history.
  2. I'm a doctor and I'm currently finishing my second year in residency.  Only 2 more years left.  I'm really lucky that I really love what I do at work, so despite the long hours, it's totally worth it. 
  3. I am a marathon runner.  I have run 6 marathons at a decent 4:15-4:30 pace.  I haven't run any recently because of this whole TTC business, but I'm really looking forward to getting back into with a jogging stroller and my baby inside. 
  4. I love science fiction and fantasy novels.  Some of my favorites include The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan, The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind, Ender's game and the Ender and Shadow series by Orsen Scott Card, Harry Potter, The Hunger Games series, Twilight, The Iron Fey series, The Interview with a Vampire series by Ann Rice and more!! 
  5. My favorite thing to eat right now is frozen yogurt with gooey brownie topping or heath or Butterfingers topping.  Last week, I went out for ice cream twice and it was awesome!!
  6. I was an athlete growing up and played basketball and volleyball.  I even played bball in college for a year before I got cut from the team.  It was actually the best thing that could have happened because it helped me get into medical school and I started sailing.  I sailed for 3 years in college and loved every minute of it even when it was freezing cold and we were just trying to keep our boat upright in the East River.  (I went to college in NYC.)
  7. I love to watch tv.  I'm a pretty active person most of the time, but I really like curling up on the couch with CJ and watching tv in the evenings.  My favorite shows are Survivor, Top Chef, Castle, How I Met Your Mother (which will be harder to watch now that Lilly is pregnant), Modern Family, The Office, and Parks and Recreation. 
3. Award other bloggers...   For the Versatile Blogger Award it's to 10 - 15 'recently discovered bloggers' and for the Stylish Blogger Award it's 10 - 15 blogs that 'you feel deserve this award'....

It has been wonderful to read these blogs and follow the author's stories!  Their words have been inspiration and it's nice to follow along with people at all different stages of this bringing home a baby journey. 

Congrats!!

1. Advo.cat at Advo.cat
2. Woman at http://createdfamily.com/
3.  Sarah at Baby Talk
4.  Lauren at Not Just an Army Wife
5.  Karen at (Impatiently) Waiting
6.  Jen at The Chronicles of Violetta Margarita
7.  Lindsey at Waiting for that positive 
8.  Rebecca at Trying not to scream
9.  Tillie at A Nuttier Life
10.  Diana at Bunless in the Oven

4. Contact the recently awarded bloggers to let them know that they've won: I'm working on that now!!  Good thing I have some time while I'm on call to work on this.  It helps the time to go by faster on my 30 hour call.  Then, you'll keep spreading the love to other blogs you love... just cover the 4 points above :)

2 comments:

  1. hey there!! Thank you for this award!! I'm honored. :) I love reading your posts and following your journey as well. Everyone is so inspirational to me. Hope you are enjoying your weekend..

    btw... i wish i liked to run like you! lol. I've always fantasized about being a runner. Is that creepy? lol. I just want to be able to run and develop those nice legs! haha.. but shooooot. I can barely run 1 time around the track! =( maybe I can work my way up and do a little at a time.. ?? hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you! Your very welcome! all the best to you too! xx

    ReplyDelete