Thursday, January 26, 2012

Fraternization...

This was the term that we used at summer camp to describe when a male and female counselor spent a lot of time together and we had a strict no fraternization policy.  This is funny because I met my husband at this summer camp and we of course spent our fair share of time fraternizing.  Anyway, for the past 24 hours, my eggs and his sperm have been fraternizing as well.  Here's the update.

7 fertilized.  The other 5 did not fertilize.  She didn't say anything about how many eggs were mature or anything else. 

Now, I just have to wait another 48 hours to find out if we are doing a 3-day or 5-day transfer.  After so much action for the past 10 days, it's hard to wait...as some of my fellow bloggers have said, I just want my embabies safe and secure inside my uterus (with it's nice plump lining!!)

I'm a little disappointed that the number isn't higher, but it's our first try at this and it only takes 1. 

6 comments:

  1. Heck im pretty new to the game, but I think that 7 is a really good number. You will have embryos to transfer and freeze if needed. Cant wait to hear about transfer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Toni. I think 7 is a pretty good number, especially for your first time. I pray that they mature nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, lucky number 7! You should go to Vegas and get those 7 embryos' college savings funds started. :-) Glad to hear that things went well yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You still have 7 embryos growing which is great! Hoping they continue to divide well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 7 is a very good number! Most people I know who had 7 or 8 fertilize usually wind up with at least 2 or 3 good embabies! Grow babies, grow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the update!! We're all thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete