Sunday, January 8, 2012

One more day...

until my baseline ultrasound and bloodwork.  My appointment is 3:30pm tomorrow afternoon.  I cannot wait.  I'm nervous and anxious.  I just want to get the go ahead to start our IVF cycle.  Let's get this show on the road!!

At least there's lots of football to watch and laundry to be done in the mean time.

Speaking of which, last night we went out with friends for dinner and to watch the football games.  CJ and I aren't drinking in preparation for this IVF cycle and I knew that if I didn't order a drink my friends would immediately be suspicious that I was actually pregnant.  So, I ordered a water and then immediately said, and no I'm not pregnant, I'm just on a diet for my new years resolution, which I think explained it well.  I wish I could just tell everyone about IVF because I'm so excited for it, but on the other hand, I don't want a whole lot of people to know because I fee like that would add stress as well. It was a really fun night of hanging out and delicious food sans alcohol.

Hope you are all having a nice and relaxing weekend!!

3 comments:

  1. Excited for you! We definitely haven't told many people because then you have people asking you about it all the time. It's also hard to break the bad news if it doesn't work out. Hopefully you won't have to worry about that though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you handled the issue with drinks and pregnancy suspicions. And I hope that very soon you'll be ordering water because you actually *are* pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good way to think ahead and be prepared for the "why aren't you drinking" question! Hoping for the best for you!

    ReplyDelete