Monday, January 16, 2012

Shots, shots, shots, shots, shots, shots...

Okay, so I've only had one shot so far but i had to quote the song which CJ is currently playing in the background.  On Saturday night, I gave myself my first shot and last night, CJ gave me the second shot (he wants to practice before he has to give any IM shots and he said he wants to be more involved).  This is so exciting!   I don't think I'm feeling any different yet, but I did have a moment yesterday when I was sad because none of my friends planned anything for my birthday next weekend.  After a discussion with CJ though I feel better because if we did have a big dinner planned I would have to come up with a good reason why I wasn't drinking but I'm sure a lot of people would think I was pregnant and I definitely don't want that.   Plus my retrieval is tentative for next sunday and depending on how I respond to the meds we might have the retrieval anytime next weekend.

In other exciting news, this is my 102nd post!!  Wow, I cant believe it.  I'm not much of a writer but this blog has definitely helped me through some really tough times.  Its getting all of these feelings and thoughts off my mind and out there for other people to read and comment on that has been so helpful!!  I'm planning my first giveaway for when I reach 50 followers, so that's something to look forward too!!

Have a great week!!

4 comments:

  1. Happy 102nd post! :) Wow, retrieval possibly next Sunday?! Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! Your retrieval is coming up so soon!!! I'm sorry your friends haven't been enthusiastic to plan something for your birthday, but maybe you and the hubby can plan for a nice dinner out alone on your birthday to make up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am months away from starting our first IVF cycle, and I'm soooo worried about all the needles that will be involved. I don't like them at all. I couldn't imagine trusting Luke to give me a shot, much less give myself one. Kudos to you!

    Congrats on your 102 post! How exciting. I have thoroughly enjoyed blogging, and I know it has helped me get through some of my hardest times the past year and a half!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahah...I had not heard this song at all until my friend introduced it to me this summer during one of our treatments. hilarious..she said it was my theme song....I think it could be for all of us in IF land. excited for you!

    ReplyDelete