Friday, January 20, 2012

Monitoring Update...and some embarrassment...

So, this morning I went in for my ultrasound and blood work after my 6th night of stims.  I got my blood drawn first this time and then headed into the exam room.  I stripped off my pants, wrapped the sheet around me, and jumped up on the table (I'm a pro now, you see.)  CJ walked in a little while later because I had left some paperwork at home and he brought it in on his way to work and this way he could see my follicles too.  So, then the doctor came in and was about to start the ultrasound when he stopped and said "opps" and I realized that I had forgotten to take off my lacy, floral underwear.  Needless to say I was super embarrassed.  The doc and IVF nurse stepped out again while I preceded to remove the offending piece of clothing and get back on the table.  The doc was really nice about it and when he walked back in the first thing he said was that this wasn't the first time it's happened.  lol.  I'm still a little embarrassed about the whole thing, but it's been a long week.

As for the ultrasound, my right ovary still has a nice crop of follicles.  He measured 5 between 11 and 15 and then he measured 2 on the left between 11-14.  I got my E2 results later in the day and they are up to 674.  I was really hoping for them to double again, so I'm kinda disappointed.  The nurse who left the message said that they are just happy that the levels are increasing.  Tonight I will continue the Gonal-F 450 + HCG 30 and I'll start the Cetrotide at 10:15pm tonight.

I broke down and cried a little bit this afternoon.  I had been feeling so good since we made the decision to start IVF that the stress associated with the cycle just kinda hit me hard and everyday I just focus on the ultrasound and estradiol levels and I just get so nervous...that they are going to cancel my cycle (even though today the doc said that it looks like we have a nice bunch of follicles to work with) or that I'm not going to get very many eggs or that this isn't going to work.

The other thing that has been bothering me lately is that it's my birthday tomorrow and I feel like it's the birthday that everyone forgot.  I know, I know I said that it was probably a good thing, but it's tough not to have any of friends try to make plans for a Saturday night to celebrate my birthday.  I'm going to try to make the best of it though.  I have to work in the morning and then I have my appointment at 9:45am.  Then, I'm going to get ice cream (I've been craving it all week) with CJ.  Then, maybe I'll do a little shopping because I got a birthday $10 off from banana republic.  I'll also take my puppy for a walk.  Then, we're going to cook a delicious and healthy meal from the farmer's market food we got this week. I'm thinking something with sweet potatoes and beets and steaks on the grill!!  Okay, so that sounds like a pretty nice day after all.

If you are still reading, thanks for listening.  Your comments are definitely helping me get through this IVF cycle.  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there, January baby! You are doing GREAT and you are almost there! Treat yourself this weekend and have as much fun as possible, because YOU DESERVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are getting closer and how funny on panties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a nice birthday this weekend. I'm sorry you're feeling so forgotten this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, happy birthday! I hope you and your lovely growing follicles enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete