Friday, January 13, 2012

Greetings to all!!

As many of my fellow bloggers have pointed out, it's International Delurking Week through this Sunday, the 15th. I have 34 followers which is amazing (I update my husband everytime I get a new follower!) and I'd like to get to know all of you better.  Plus, it's the day before stims so I don't really have anything else going on and your comments will help me pass the time!!  


So, tell me a little about yourself.  


Here's a few questions.  


1.  What do you do to give yourself a break during treatments?
2.  Are you an optimist, pessimist, both, or neither?


Just wanted to keep it simple.  For me, I give myself a break by allowing myself to watch mindless tv in the evenings. It really helps me relax after a stressful day at work.  I also go to bed super early even if I don't get a chance to finish the laundry, study, or clean-up (which also means that our house is a mess right now...lol).  I think I'm still an optimist, but I'm trying to become more of a realist.  Every month last year, I firmly believed that this was the month...and it wasn't x 12.  This year, with the help of my therapist, I'm trying to take a more detached and still hopeful approach.  So, I would say that I'm a guarded optimist.  Can't wait to hear from all of you!!



7 comments:

  1. This weekend we are going roller skating (that seems to be a nice break) :)

    I am absolutely a pessimist, but I think of it as being a realist. Working on changing that this year though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I volunteer to take my mind off things. I don't know if that's exactly a break, but it does help.

    As to optimist vs. pessimist, I think I'm an optimist turned realist. Cautiously hopeful, or cautiously optimistic is how I like to put it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cry. like, I cry a lot. For some odd, crazy reason...crying helps me get through treatments. I don't really do anything because I after the last year I've had, I don't want to be around people. I usually pass time (when I'm not crying, of course) by watching meaningless t.v. too. I'm very much into The Big Bang Theory and Criminal Minds. One or the other is ALWAYS on at our house!

    I've always been an optimist...but, an optimist for everyone else. I've always struggled to see the positive side to my life, but I see such great potential for everyone else. Since Infertility, I've become quite the pessimist. I'm always worried something is going to go wrong. I think I would rather prepare myself for something negative then hope for the best and be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, I try to take on creative projects to occupy my mind. And indulging in acupuncture has been a great way to relax, whether or not it's helping with anything else. I'm also addicted to General Hospital, which I tivo every day, and tend to watch marathon style after a transfer.

    As for optimism, I'd like to think that I am, although, I think I'm becoming more neutral in that regard as it relates to TTC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. I have yet to have any treatments, but in the past I have been an absolute crazy woman analyzing every possible pregnancy symptom...that never was a symptom. I try to keep myself busy, busy so I don't think about it as much and plan super fun things to have something non-fertility related to look forward to!
    2. I would say I am both an optimist and a pessimist. Every month my cycle goes relatively the same and every month I do not get pregnant...but still every time I have that little twinge of "but what if "..." is actually happening because it worked this time? And then I quickly shut it down to not get my hopes up! Ay ay ay, what fun:)

    www.the-empty-uterus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have 34 followers but 42 people subscribe to your blog through GoogleReader! You've got quite the audience. :)
    1. I'm terrible at breaks. Like, really truly awful. Typically I take a break by doing a natural cycle with acupuncture and TCM herbs. (In other words not really a break.)
    2. I'm a realist. I tend to be more optimistic than pessimistic, but at the same time as a social worker I see a lot of really tough stuff which can cloud my perspective at times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read and watch tv to help me relax and escape into a world of fantasy. :)

    Also, I'm an optimist internally but when I talk out loud I'm a pessimist so people don't think I'm getting my hopes up too high. Very odd, I know!

    ReplyDelete